16/01/2011

Sunday, Bloody Sunday!

I sit here in my usual blogging spot, in a pair of stolen football shorts and a green polo shirt, watching episode after episode of Malcolm in the Middle, and as usual, relating it to myself. If I was to be compared to any character on this timeless show it would have to be Hal; a destitute, helpless man trapped in his uneventful life, with little to no chance of escape. One quote of his that will live with me for quite some time  is "the only way I've got through my crappy little life is by living in denial", and these are words that resonated well with me when I first heard them, and have significantly contributed towards my philosophy on life, yet this philosophy is probably what keeps me sliding agonisingly further away from my goals, but until those goals are achieved, I will continue on the downward spiral that is living in denial about the true state of my current situation. By current, I mean, the last five years.


Fingers crossed
Today I have gambled away the last £6 in my bank account on any football match that catches my eye. This has led me to bet on the highly prestigious fixture Bassana Virtus v Paganese, amongst others. Truly thrilling. The aforementioned fixture was probably comparable in terms of quality to my life; woeful. The Premier League was the scourge of my finances, Liverpool to draw with Everton was the one result I didn't need, the one result that meant I couldn't win any bet, but guess what the result I got was? Liverpool 2-2 Everton. Fantastic. However, Qatar have just beaten Kuwait 3-0 (another thriller, I'm sure!) meaning if Real Madrid, Barcelona, Porto and AC Milan win I'll get a juicy little win of £30. It's little beads of hope like this that keep me going through each day, but no doubt my mood come ten o'clock will be one of rage, disappointment and regret - a truly miserable cocktail of emotion, and if I could compare it to an alcohol, I'd have rage as gin, disappointment as sambuca, and regret as tequila. Try it, it's vile.


Other than that today has been a thoroughly vegetative day, in which I have only moved from the sofa to go to the bathroom (a meagre six yards away, I just counted) and to make infinite cups of coffee in the kitchen (ten yards from the sofa and twelve yards from the bathroom), utterly slothful and if there truly are seven deadly sins then today I've committed at least four.


A quick update in my quest for love. Well, I have to admit, there is no update. Unless looking at eligible women on Facebook counts as progress(?) I have nothing to contribute on this front. Nor to that in my vain search for fame and fortune. So all in all, the sub heading of this blog is a lie, as 'my quest for love, fame and fortune' is nothing short of a non-existant farce. Pitiful.


Over and out x

No comments:

Post a Comment